johnnie-O is a branded lifestyle apparel company, founded in 2005 in Santa Monica, CA, that embodies living your best life. Its blend of Southern California lifestyle coupled with a hint of East Coast tradition and Midwest grit creates a truly distinct point of view within the lifestyle apparel industry.
Johnnie-O is a fast-growing multi-channel apparel company. We seek to attract highly motivated individuals that want to work as a team and share in the commitment, responsibility and discipline required to achieve our vision. johnnie-O management philosophy is based on responsibility and mutual respect. People who come to johnnie-O want to work here because we have created an environment that encourages creativity and achievement. We are a fun and dynamic bunch that are motivated in working to get the company to the next level. Our employees are smart, creative, and passionate individuals who meet the same superior standards we set for our products. We embrace talented people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. It is our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
We are currently searching for an Accounting/Finance Associate to add to our department that will be responsible for various areas relating to financial reporting, developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger maintenance, financial reporting, month end, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities in conformity with GAAP requirements and company policies.
Reporting to the VP Controller, the individual will be responsible for accounting, reporting, and related analysis for the respective areas as assigned. The Accounting/Finance Associate will provide accounting support for wholesale, ecommerce and retail channels. This position is very hands-on and requires a detail-oriented individual who understands the general ledger function and possesses the ability to understand business issues and provide analytical insights to support decision making.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Assist VP Controller/Accounting Manager in the daily treasury and cash management
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Responds to inquiries from the COO, CEO, and other company management regarding financial results, special reporting requests and other projects as necessary
- Assist the VP Controller to ensure a clean and timely month-end/year-end close
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures to enhance the workflow of the department
- Support the department and VP Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting Finance, or related field with a minimum of 2-3 years hands on accounting experience including general ledger month end close experience
- Apparel industry experience preferred but not required
- Experience in an automated software environment with immediate knowledge of Full Circle ERP preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting concepts, strong communication skills, good working knowledge of GAAP
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, integrity and trust
- Detail oriented analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- MS Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word); Advanced knowledge of Excel including high level proficiency of Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP
- Full Circle ERP, a plus
- High level of accuracy and detail oriented
Benefits & Compensation:
We value our employee’s time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a generous time off policy including vacation, paid sick time, a retirement savings plan, bonus opportunities, and a generous employee discount. Casual dress policy, dog friendly environment, potential career growth and a family oriented working environment.
To apply, please submit your resume to: HR@johnnie-o.com