ACCOUNTING & FINANCE INTERN
johnnie-O is a branded lifestyle apparel company uniquely identified as West Coast prep— grounded in the Midwest, prepped on the East Coast, launched in SoCal. Its blend of East Coast “prep” and West Coast “surf” creates a truly distinct point of view within the lifestyle apparel industry. The brand is for those interested in experiencing a taste of the Southern California lifestyle coupled with a hint of East Coast panache, Southern charm, and Midwest grit.
We create with purpose, believe that anything is possible, explore beyond the boundaries of convention, respect tradition, and have fun doing what we love.
The position of accounting/finance intern consists of being responsible for computing, classifying, and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
- Prepare source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establish entry priorities, complete Excel projects and miscellaneous assignments as required
- Maintain data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures
- Maintain files, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneous filings
- Maintain regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information or to correct transactions
- Maintain confidential data and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Major in accounting, finance, economics or equivalent
- Basic accounting knowledge; debits and credits, financial statements
- Intermediate Excel skills and knowledge of all Microsoft Office products
- Strong, professional oral and written communication skills
- Strong math skills and aptitude
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Ability to monitor or assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Attention to detail
Interested candidates please submit resumes to Helen at email@example.com with subject title ACCOUNTING INTERNSHIP APPLICATION