Senior Email Marketing and eCommerce Personalization Specialist
johnnie-O is a unique lifestyle apparel brand providing classic, casual pieces for men, women and children. The brand fills a niche in the apparel marketplace between the traditional East Coast “preppy” brands and West Coast “surf” brands. johnnie-O’s logo is a highly recognizable asset that has resonated strongly with consumers. The johnnie-O brand is both a personality and an experience that can be described as fun, fresh, tongue-in-cheek, accessible, active and family-oriented (www.johnnie-O.com). johnnie-O has experienced tremendous growth in the past few years. We are looking for an Senior Email Marketing and eCommerce Optimization Specialist to help us continue this growth trajectory.
johnnie-O is looking for a passionate, bright and energetic candidate to join the eCommerce team. Candidate must be outgoing and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage internal and external resources to successfully bring projects to life. This position reports to our VP, eCommerce
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ownership of end-to-end email marketing strategies and process: planning, executing and optimizing newsletter, triggered and automated email sends.
- Assist with monthly marketing calendar that supports site-merchandising plan and work with creative team to develop emails and ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Communicate promotional details for all emails and promotions to cross functional teams.
- Own CRM and define strategy on segmentation and personalization across the eCommerce channel including email and website.
- Manage on site A/B testing and personalization
- Research, write, and proofread emails for clarity, content, grammar, and spelling, plus ensure quality emails are sent consistently by thoroughly completing all QA - testing links, checking proofs, and previewing on various devices and browsers.
- Identify opportunities to engage our customers along their journey, personalize experiences through segmentation, reduce churn, increase customer loyalty, and ultimately increase LTV through programs like abandoned cart, VIP/loyalty programs, welcome, post-purchase, winback etc.
- Design and build processes around campaign management and marketing automation: tools, workflows, A/B testing, profiling, segmentation, personalization, triggered events, customer journey, quantitative test designs, and activation to drive retention KPIs
- Develop unique strategies to find new customers; convert website visitors into buyers, cross-sell other products and services to previous buyers and develop valuable ongoing customer communications to aid in overall customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Improve and optimize online user experience and make customer journey consistent from email to click to browse to purchase.
- Define KPIs, create reports, monitor performance and adjust strategies when necessary. Provide report to cross-functional teams regularly
- Collaborate with team to build optimal systems that enhance personalization efforts on a mass scale.
- Manage day-to-day operations, integrations and optimizations with third-party vendors related to email channel
- Constantly monitor and evaluate new and innovative email trends and best practices. Ensure our email marketing efforts are in compliance with brand guidelines and regulation.
- Be the internal subject matter expert on email + push notification platform/experiences.
- Build and launch A/B and multivariate tests on email and on-site to drive increased user engagement and conversion rate.
- 4+ years email marketing, segmentation and A/B testing experience, preferably at an eCommerce company
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience with enterprise level email service providers (specifically Klaviyo, Ometria or other), CRM databases and marketing automation tools and analytics dashboards.
- Shopify Plus experience preferred
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Basic knowledge of HTML preferred
- Experience with A/B testing tools
- Understanding of standard UX practices a plus
- Strong web and business analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to details and highly organized
As business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary. The job description above is not an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. Candidates seeking employment with johnnie-O should be prepared to successfully complete a pre-employment background check prior to beginning employment.
If interested, please email resume and portfolio to clare@johnnie-O.com