eCommerce Merchandising Manager
eCommerce Merchandising Manager
Remote to start, Santa Monica, CA
johnnie-O is a unique lifestyle apparel brand providing classic, casual pieces for men, women and children. The brand fills a niche in the apparel marketplace between the traditional East Coast “preppy” brands and West Coast “surf” brands. johnnie-O’s logo is a highly recognizable asset that has resonated strongly with consumers. The johnnie-O brand is both a personality and an experience that can be described as fun, fresh, tongue-in-cheek, accessible, active and family-oriented (www.johnnie-O.com). johnnie-O has experienced tremendous growth in the past few years. We are looking for an eCommerce Associate to help us continue this growth trajectory.
johnnie-O is looking for a passionate, bright and energetic candidate to join the eCommerce team. Candidate must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage internal and external resources to successfully bring projects to life. This position reports to the eCommerce Merchandising Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage site merchandising to ensure a strong user experience for the customer
- Create and maintain product listings on johnnie-O.com and launch products on site in a timely manner based on delivery date and email cadence
- Ensure that product is reflected accurately on the website (product descriptions, size guides, product titles, categorizations etc.) by QA’ing site daily.
- Work with eCommerce Manager to help monitor inventory levels and communicate status with internal team members on a regular basis.
- Work to understand missed opportunities based on out of stocks and back in stock requests
- Create and manage site tags and metadata and optimize for SEO
- Track on-site search terms to continually optimize and improve search to reflect latest product launches and customer queries.
- Work with team on monthly marketing calendar that supports site-merchandising plan (email concepts and copy, homepage rotations, promotions).
- Maintain strong understanding of customer experience data (abandoned cart, top products, AOV, etc.) and implement educated marketing strategies
- Stay in the know on all reports related to D2C sales, site metrics, shop performance trends in order to react quickly to opportunities within the D2C businesses
- Collaborate with Operations team, Customer Service team and Warehouse teams to proactively facilitate and resolve issues/escalations
- Take ownership of online marketplaces implementations and strategies
- Lead on-site A/B testing efforts and maintain testing calendar
- Work with Design team and eCommerce Manager to identify opportunities for eCommerce specific products on site based on data
- 3-5 years of experience in E-Commerce for a fashion related company
- Knowledge of Shopify or similar systems
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of Full Circle ERP or others a plus
- Experience with online marketplaces a plus
- Knowledge of Optimizely or other testing platform a plus
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Thorough understanding of retail business practices and metrics
- Thorough understanding of merchandising and product management
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and effectively meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
Benefits & Compensation
- Salaried position plus discretionary bonus opportunities, paid time off, and paid holidays
- Health/Dental/Vision/FSA/ Employee Assistance Program (EAP)/Life Insurance benefits
- Employee discounts
Aside from a fun and unique working environment, johnnie-O offers a challenging career coupled with a competitive compensation and benefits package. We value our employee’s time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a generous time off policy including vacation, paid sick time, a retirement savings plan, bonus opportunities, and a generous employee discount. Casual dress policy, potential career growth and a family oriented working environment.
To apply for this exciting job opportunity, please send your resume to: HR@johnnie-o.com
We appreciate your interest in our company and look forward to hearing from you.