eCommerce Web Developer
eCommerce Web Developer
Los Angeles, CA
johnnie-O is a unique lifestyle apparel brand providing classic, casual pieces for men, women and children. The brand fills a niche in the apparel marketplace between the traditional East Coast “preppy” brands and West Coast “surf” brands. johnnie-O’s logo is a highly recognizable asset that has resonated strongly with consumers. The johnnie-O brand is both a personality and an experience that can be described as fun, fresh, tongue-in-cheek, accessible, active and family-oriented (www.johnnie-O.com). johnnie-O has experienced tremendous growth in the past few years. We are looking for an eCommerce Web Developer to help us continue this growth trajectory.
johnnie-O is looking for a passionate, bright and energetic candidate to join the eCommerce team. Candidate must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage internal and external resources to successfully bring projects to life. This position reports to the Director of eCommerce.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Head development efforts on johnnie-O eCommerce Shopify Plus site
- Implement frontend design and backend eCommerce solutions
- Perform quality assurance and debugging on code, including cross browser and platform testing
- Write clean and reusable code to optimize website speed and to support future scalability
- Manage repository and oversee version control of Shopify Plus site
- Manage tags and pixels in GTM and onsite
- Bridge the gap between UI/UX design and technical implementation using best practice
- Improve key performance metrics on our site through research, design & testing
- Help design experience for front-end and take ownership of implementation on site.
- Stay up to date on new web technologies, coding standards, and best practices.
- Integrates third party services and apps into our web applications
- 4+ years of experience in eCommerce frontend and backend web development
- Experience with change management tools and processes, including source code control with git: versioning, branching, defect tracking and release management.
- Experience in writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Knowledge of Shopify Plus
- Expert in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Excellent communication and project management skills along
- Possess a combination of creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Thorough understating of retail business practices and metrics
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines
johnnie-O offers a challenging career coupled with a competitive compensation and benefits package. For more information and to apply to this position please email a resume and a brief paragraph about yourself and why you are excited to join the johnnie-O team to: clare@johnnie-O.com