johnnie-O is a branded lifestyle apparel company, founded in 2005 in Santa Monica, CA, that embodies living your best life. Its blend of Southern California lifestyle coupled with a hint of East Coast tradition and Midwest grit creates a truly distinct point of view within the lifestyle apparel industry. johnnie-O is a unique lifestyle apparel brand providing classic, casual pieces for men and boys. The brand fills a niche in the apparel marketplace between the traditional East Coast “preppy” brands and West Coast “surf” brands. The johnnie-O brand is both a personality and an experience that can be described as fun, fresh, tongue-in-cheek, accessible, active and family-oriented.
johnnie-O is a fast-growing multi-channel apparel company. We seek to attract highly motivated individuals that want to work as a team and share in the commitment, responsibility and discipline required to achieve our vision. johnnie-O management philosophy is based on responsibility and mutual respect. We are a fun and dynamic bunch that are motivated in working to get the company to the next level. Our employees are smart, creative, and passionate individuals who meet the same superior standards we set for our products. We embrace talented people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. It is our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
johnnie-O is looking for an amazing Logistics Coordinator to join our team Production team! Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, a team player, extremely detail-oriented and committed to ensuring that the production process operates smoothly and efficiently. We’re also looking for someone who wants to grow, learn, and to strategize ways to make the production process smoother, and ultimately play a major role in the success of the company. This is an incredible opportunity to make a large impact for the right person.
- Liaison between Production, Vendors, Operations Team and Freight Forwarder throughout the inbound freight and receiving process
- Manage and communicate ship mode decisions with Vendors to meet sales need
- Coordinate with freight forwarders and vendors to secure vessel/carrier space and ensure ontime bookings
- Work with suppliers to ensure entry documents and certifications are completed and submitted prior to arrival
- Create accurate and timely advanced shipping notices in our ERP prior to arrival to 3PL
- Look for consolidation opportunities to reduce freight costs and increase container utilization
- Track and log inbound shipments to ensure on-time and accurate delivery
- Coordinate delivery schedule for incoming production orders and communicate with 3PL team
- Communicate any delays or issues with the Operations team
- Assist the 3PL with receiving capacity and priorities
- Support the management of design and production data in the Company’s ERP (Duty percent, HTS code management, etc.)
- Monitor factory compliance to vendor manual and standards
- Complete other duties as assigned
Position: Full Time
Reports To: Director, Production & Planning
- BA/BS in related field and/or 2+ years of experience
- Strong communication with factories and fellow employees
- Team player - ability to work well with others in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Prior Experience with Full Circle, Blue Cherry or similar ERP a plus
- Apparel experience a plus
Benefits & Compensation
- Salaried position plus bonus opportunities, paid time off, and paid holidays
- Health/Dental/Vision/FSA/Life Insurance benefits
- Employee discounts
Aside from a fun and unique working environment, johnnie-O offers a challenging career coupled with a competitive compensation and benefits package. We value our employee’s time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a generous time off policy including vacation, paid sick time, a retirement savings plan, bonus opportunities, and a generous employee discount. Casual dress policy, potential career growth and a family oriented working environment.
To apply for this exciting job opportunity, please send your resume to: Production@johnnie-o.com
We appreciate your interest in our company and look forward to hearing from you!
California Privacy Rights Notice for Californian Job Applicants and Prospective Talent
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"), johnnie-O, Inc. ("JO" or "us" or "we") is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants" or "you") about the categories of personal information we may collect about you and the purposes for which we use this information. If you are a California resident, please read disclosures required by the CCPA. Note this notice applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect. We may collect the following categories of personal information about our job applicants, who are California residents:
- Social Security Number
- Email and mailing address
- Telephone number
- Employment history
How We Use Job Applicants' Personal Data. We use and disclose the personal information we collect for our business purposes. These business purposes include, without limitation:
- Processing evaluating your application to determine your qualifications for the role to which you've applied, and communicating with you about your application, including to check references or your background, and communicate with you about other jobs that may interest you.
- Other business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you
- Legal compliance
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity
- Performing services for us, such as analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement; and
- Internal operations.
Attn: Privacy Team
2048 Cotner Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90025