johnnie-O is a branded lifestyle apparel company, founded in 2005 in Santa Monica, CA, that embodies living your best life. Its blend of Southern California lifestyle coupled with a hint of East Coast tradition and Midwest grit creates a truly distinct point of view within the lifestyle apparel industry. johnnie-O is a unique lifestyle apparel brand providing classic, casual pieces for men and boys. The brand fills a niche in the apparel marketplace between the traditional East Coast “preppy” brands and West Coast “surf” brands. The johnnie-O brand is both a personality and an experience that can be described as fun, fresh, tongue-in-cheek, accessible, active and family-oriented.
johnnie-O is a fast-growing multi-channel apparel company. We seek to attract highly motivated individuals that want to work as a team and share in the commitment, responsibility and discipline required to achieve our vision. johnnie-O management philosophy is based on responsibility and mutual respect. We are a fun and dynamic bunch that are motivated in working to get the company to the next level. Our employees are smart, creative, and passionate individuals who meet the same superior standards we set for our products. We embrace talented people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. It is our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
johnnie-O is looking for an amazing Production Assistant to join our team in the Los Angeles Headquarter! Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, a team player, detail-oriented and committed to ensuring that the production process operates smoothly and efficiently. We’re also looking for someone who wants to grow, learn, and to strategize ways to make the sampling and production process smoother, and ultimately play a major role in the success of the company. This is an incredible opportunity to make a large impact for the right person!
• Work in a team environment with the Production and Design teams and be responsible for the accuracy of each season’s style master
• Manage, track and follow up on all sample purchase orders
• Coordinate the arrival, receiving and distribution of samples
• Assist in quality control throughout the production process, checking production stock and communicating changes as needed
• Liaison between Production, Vendors and the Design Team
• Monitor factory compliance to vendor manual and standards
• Support the management of design and production data in the Company’s ERP (Sample PO entry, Sample SKU creation, HTS code management, etc.)
• Maintain product costing spreadsheets including duty and freight
• Manage HTS codes and duty for all products including entering them into the Company’s ERP and working the 3PL to make sure the right HTS codes are in their system as well
• Complete other duties as assigned
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Position: Full Time
Reports To: Manager, Production & Planning
• BA/BS in related field and/or 2+ years of experience
• Strong communication with factories and fellow employees
• Team player - ability to work well with others in fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
• Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
• Prior Experience with Full Circle, Blue Cherry ERP a plus
• Apparel experience a plus
Benefits & Compensation
• Salaried position plus bonus opportunities, paid time off, and paid holidays
• Health/Dental/Vision/FSA/Life Insurance benefits
• Employee discounts
Aside from a fun and unique working environment, johnnie-O offers a challenging career coupled with a competitive compensation and benefits package. We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a generous time off policy including vacation, paid sick time, a retirement savings plan, bonus opportunities, and a generous employee discount. Casual dress policy, potential career growth and a family oriented working environment.
To apply for this exciting job opportunity, please send your resume to: Production@johnnie-o.com
We appreciate your interest in our company and look forward to hearing from you.