Senior Manager, Organic Social Media & Partnerships
Senior Manager, Organic Social Media & Partnerships
Remote to start, Potential to be in Santa Monica, CA
johnnie-O is a unique lifestyle apparel brand providing classic, casual pieces for men and boys. The brand fills a niche in the apparel marketplace between the traditional East Coast “preppy” brands and West Coast “surf” brands. johnnie-O’s logo is a highly recognizable asset that has resonated strongly with consumers. The johnnie-O brand is both a personality and an experience that can be described as fun, fresh, tongue-in-cheek, accessible, active and family-oriented (www.johnnie-O.com). johnnie-O has experienced tremendous growth in the past few years. We are looking for a Senior Manager of Organic Social Media & Partnerships to help us continue this growth trajectory.
johnnie-O is looking for a passionate, bright and energetic candidate to join the eCommerce/Marketing team. Candidate must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage internal and external resources to successfully bring projects to life. This position reports to the VP, eCommerce.
As johnnie-O takes the brand to the next level, we are innovating across social and online platforms to increase visibility, expand our reach and improve conversion. We are seeking a social media expert who lives to grow followers and convert them to life-long customers. The Senior Manager of Organic Social Media & Partnerships will be charged with driving engagement and social strategy across all current and emerging social media platforms and help execute relevant content on our blog. You will partner with cross-functional teams to develop seasonal social media strategies and blog editorial topics while inserting your savvy social knowledge into the mix. You understand the role social media plays within a brand’s culture and story-telling. You will work closely with our Art Director to create assets and story-telling across social and the blog. You will work with our Director of Digital Marketing to think about how organic social can help amplify our paid strategy. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated history of developing and implementing meaningful growth and engagement strategies via multiple social media platforms. You will also demonstrate experience working with influencers and friends of the brand and executing strategic partnerships.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with our Founder, Creative Director, VP of eCommerce and Director of Digital Marketing to come up with a cohesive organic social media and blog/content strategy that taps into the brand voice and vision.
- Ability to craft authentic brand-right stories and concepts and execute across all digital platforms
- Own all organic social media and blog work from concept to creation to reporting
- Engage JO community to inspire relevant UGC
- Monitor conversations across social media and address in real-time through responsive engagement, escalation, or documentation.
- Be on the ground at events to capture relevant behind the scenes footage, particularly around story-telling with the brand’s founder.
- Influencer Marketing and Partnerships
- Oversee influencer partnerships and strategic relationships including managing product gifting to VIPs and “friends of the brand,” while strategizing and managing outreach lists and amplification.
- Work with cross-functional team to form initial concepts and creative direction for brand campaigns, collaborations, partnerships, giveaways and events
- Strategic Communication / Public Relations
- The position will manage and help promote all public relations and communication efforts and strategy for the brand, developing and implementing global communication brand initiatives to support company goals.
- Strategic Marketing Initiatives
- Work closely with founder and others on strategic marketing initiatives
- Create actionable insights based on campaign findings, and carry these insights into campaign strategy and development to help inform marketing and eCommerce decision-making.
- At least 5 years working in marketing communications, social media, influencer-marketing and public relations roles
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Experience working with social engagement tools & platforms
- Extensive knowledge of social media, emerging technology and digital media planning, particularly for retail and DTC brands
- Prior experience managing influencer marketing strategy and outreach
- Experience running strategic partnerships and collaborations
- Ability to communicate with cross-functional teams at all levels of the organization
- Strong follow-up skills and attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and go above and beyond
- Excellent copy-writing and blog content creation skills
- Demonstrated ability to mine data and uncover valuable insights for recommendations
- Strong visual design sense in order to create high quality (in-the-moment) content for the brand.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Video and photo editing experience in Adobe / Capture 1
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work under pressure on multiple projects, tight deadlines, adapt to change.
Benefits & Compensation
- Salaried position plus bonus opportunities, paid time off, and paid holidays
- Health/Dental/Vision/FSA/Life Insurance benefits
- Employee discounts
Aside from a fun and unique working environment, johnnie-O offers a challenging career coupled with a competitive compensation and benefits package. We value our employee’s time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a generous time off policy including vacation, paid sick time, a retirement savings plan, bonus opportunities, and a generous employee discount. Casual dress policy, potential career growth and a family oriented working environment.
To apply for this exciting job opportunity, please send your resume and a description of why you might be a fit for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest in our company and look forward to hearing from you!
California Privacy Rights Notice for Californian Job Applicants and Prospective Talent
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"), johnnie-O, Inc. ("JO" or "us" or "we") is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants" or "you") about the categories of personal information we may collect about you and the purposes for which we use this information. If you are a California resident, please read disclosures required by the CCPA. Note this notice applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect. We may collect the following categories of personal information about our job applicants, who are California residents:
- Social Security Number
- Email and mailing address
- Telephone number
- Employment history
How We Use Job Applicants' Personal Data. We use and disclose the personal information we collect for our business purposes. These business purposes include, without limitation:
- Processing evaluating your application to determine your qualifications for the role to which you've applied, and communicating with you about your application, including to check references or your background, and communicate with you about other jobs that may interest you.
- Other business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you
- Legal compliance
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity
- Performing services for us, such as analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement; and
- Internal operations.
Attn: Privacy Team
2048 Cotner Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90025