Social Media & Community Manager
DESCRIPTION: johnnie-O is seeking a Social Media and Community Manager
COMPANY OVERVIEW johnnie-O, started by John O’Donnell in 2005, is a branded lifestyle apparel company, founded in Santa Monica, CA, that embodies living your best life. From our signature 4-button polo to the patented “Tweener-Button®” and PREP-FORMANCE® line, the johnnie-O brand continues to innovate and define a modern, enduring style fusing a Southern California vibe with East coast classics.
POSITION SUMMARY //
As johnnie-O takes the brand to the next level of experience, we are innovating across platforms to increase visibility, expand our reach and improve conversion. We are seeking a social media expert who lives to grow followers and convert them to life long customers. The Social Media and Community Manager will be charged with driving engagement and social commerce across all current and emerging social media platforms, including Blue Room, our blog. You will partner with cross-functional teams to develop seasonal social media strategies and blog editorial topics while inserting your savvy social knowledge into the mix. You understand the role social media plays within a brand’s culture and story telling. This role is responsible for all strategy, content development and social media asset creation, including Blue Room, and activation of organic and paid social initiatives to impact the perception of our brand and product, drive traffic and increase customer acquisition, engagement, and revenue. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated history of developing meaningful growth and engagement strategies via multiple social media platforms.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES //
- Lead the development, execution and optimization of the brand's social media presence with best practice.
- Curate and create exceptional content for the brand's social channels and blog that aligns with our brand vision, builds meaningful community connections, encourages authentic engagement, and drives revenue.
- Craft copy that reflects the voice of the brand to maintain a consistent tone and brand experience.
- Manage all social and blog content creation resources from photography, video to copy, ensure all imagery and video support the overarching brand voice and aesthetic.
- Spearhead cross-functional ideation of new content, blog topics and promotions for social platforms that are specific to each channel to meet objectives and KPIs.
- Own the development of the monthly content calendar across social media properties and blog.
- Schedule and publish content leveraging best time and day analytics to garner optimal post engagement.
- Maintain an always-up-to-date knowledge of photo shoots, campaign assets, influencer opportunities, retail events, trade shows, promotional efforts and press coverage in order to develop and publish relevant content that supports the brand and business.
- Attend events and capture content in real-time on behalf of the brand.
- Work with marketing and ecommerce to develop paid media strategies and execute post boosting and paid campaigns with source tracking and performance reporting.
- Collaborate with the Ecommerce team to ensure social content is being optimized for commerce and search engine optimization and incorporate SEO best practices across social platforms.
- Monitor conversations across social media and address in real-time through responsive engagement, escalation, or documentation.
- Identify and curate johnnie-O brand advocates in order to develop micro-influencer programs that will drive brand loyalty and increase reach.
- Work with marketing to optimize existing seeding approaches and assist in influencer outreach through social media.
- Command the dashboard of social media analytics to make the best decisions about social media performance and to deliver weekly reports to key stakeholders on social growth and engagement. Use these learnings to increase ROI.
- Help manage social media budget, respective ad spend.
- Conduct monthly performance analyses of social media posts, paid media and blog to identify social content resonance, channel performance, click to conversion, and campaign effectiveness.
- Create actionable insights based on campaign findings, and carry these insights into campaign strategy and development, improvement that to help inform marketing and ecommerce decision-making.
- Continuously improve our processes through data analysis, strategic platform determination, and innovation.
- Utilize knowledge of the overall social landscape, trending topics, and leverage latest social media best practices in order to provide ongoing thought leadership.
- 2-3 years experience managing social media platforms, social advertising, blog.
- Expertise with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Snapchat, Pinterest.
- Experience using social media management/analytic tools (e.g. Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Yotpo, GoogleAnalytics, etc).
- History of driving social publishing and deliverables.
- Experience in content development, asset creation and content marketing, blogging.
- Able to collaborate to inspire engaging content development with cross-functional partners.
- Experience in fashion industry preferred; has an eye toward editorializing brand and product messaging,
- Demonstrated ability to mine data and uncover valuable insights for recommendations; KPI reporting.
- Draw upon past experience and broad interests and knowledge to fuel ideas.
- Experience finding, targeting, and mobilizing online opinion leaders, tastemakers and influencers.
- Strong visual design sense in order to create high quality (in-the-moment) content for the brand.
- Experience running successful social campaigns on both small and large scale.
- Experience planning and activating paid social campaigns.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to write and edit clear, clean copy writing for use on social media and blog and presents brand voice in a relevant, meaningful dialogue with target audiences.
- Excellent organizational, time and self-management skills
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work under pressure on multiple projects, tight deadlines, adapt to change.
- Real time response is in your DNA.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Dropbox, and Hootsuite; Experience with Yotpo, Adobe Creative Suite
- Enthusiasm for style, fashion, and johnnie-O clothes and culture; sense of humor and men’s lifestyle knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations (or related field).
- Prior experience working in an agency environment is a plus.
This position requires a passion for digital and social media, deep attention to detail, superb time management, and a natural ownership and pride in the product and ideas you’re bringing to life. We are looking for someone with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, takes initiative, and knows how to create highly engaged content that resonates and propels our story across platforms.
** This job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities “
johnnie-O 2048 Cotner Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90025
If interested, please send your resume with portfolio of work to kim@johnnie-O.com