Careers with johnnie-O
We're growing quickly here at johnnie-O and we're looking to bring some good people on board. See below for some key positions we're looking to bring on. Must have a willingness to work hard, get your hands dirty, and be a positive team player.
johnnie-O Wingman/Woman: Customer Engagement Specialist
Los Angeles, CA
johnnie-O is a unique lifestyle apparel brand providing classic, casual pieces for men, women and children. The brand fills a niche in the apparel marketplace between the traditional East Coast “preppy” brands and West Coast “surf” brands. johnnie-O’s logo is a highly recognizable asset that has resonated strongly with consumers. The johnnie-O brand is both a personality and an experience that can be described as fun, fresh, tongue-in-cheek, accessible, active and family-oriented (www.johnnie-O.com). johnnie-O has experienced tremendous growth in the past few years. We are looking for an eCommerce Associate to help us continue this growth trajectory.
We believe that our brand is only as happy and healthy as its customers! Therefore the Customer Engagement Specialist plays a critical role in the success of the entire company. The perfect Customer Engagement Specialist is an advocate for our customer, striving to deliver superior service and to create a fantastic experience. We want someone who is ready to take on a variety of responsibilities while simultaneously executing at a high level. Success in this role has historically led to promotions to other roles within the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Primary role will be to be the johnnie-O wingman/wingwoman
- Serve as the front line, on-call resource for all customers via phone, email and in-person
- Quickly and thoroughly solve problems for customers regarding deliveries, transactions and experiences which don't go 100% as planned
- Support the Operations/Marketing/Ecommerce/Sales teams on special projects
- Support johnnie-O events and other activities as needed
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Sales oriented
- A flexible and versatile team player willing to above and beyond when needed
- Ability to take initiative to solve problems that arise and recommend processes to improve the customer experience
- Candidate should have a BA/BS
- Excited to learn new systems and comfortable with technology
Part-time Sales Associate
We believe that our brand is only as happy and healthy as its customers! Therefore the sales associate plays a critical role in the success of the entire company. The perfect sales associate is an advocate for our customer, striving to deliver superior service and to create a fantastic store experience.
Location: 2712 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, California
Schedule: Part-time and available on Weekends – hours TBD
• Outstanding selling skills
•Exceptional customer service
• Strong work ethic
• Excellent communication skills
• A people person who is outgoing
Roles and Responsibilities:
•Meeting and making a connection with customers, asking questions and listening to shopper’s needs, then giving options and suggestions on meeting those needs.
•Inspiring the customer to buy, while creating a lasting positive impression of johnnie-O.
•Handling sales transactions and cash register.
•Maintaining selling floor presentations, and restocking them as needed.
•Being Knowledgeable about the benefits and uses of each product.
Please email [email protected] with your resume.
Los Angeles, CA
johnnie-O is a branded lifestyle apparel company uniquely identified as West Coast prep— grounded in the Midwest, prepped on the East Coast, launched in SoCal. Its blend of East Coast “prep” and West Coast “surf” creates a truly distinct point of view within the lifestyle apparel industry. The brand is for those interested in experiencing a taste of the Southern California lifestyle coupled with a hint of East Coast panache, Southern charm, and Midwest grit.
We create with purpose, believe that anything is possible, explore beyond the boundaries of convention, respect tradition, and have fun doing what we love.
We are looking for a Payables Associate who is a high-energy, detail-oriented team player with a willingness to learn and work hard to support our accounting and finance team. Our priority is to find a driven individual who wants to be a part of a growing lifestyle apparel brand. This individual must be comfortable working collaboratively in a team environment, and have a passion for organization, consistency and accuracy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment -Obtain proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments - Provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization
- Assign general ledger accounts to all invoices amounts, enter, and post transactions into Full Circle according to the appropriate accounting periods
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms-Verify and calculate all extensions and totals on invoices (calculating and taking discounts when applicable)
- Process check requests -Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval
- Process non-production wire requests, obtain all required signatures and submit to supervisor for bank submission
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- Maintain copies of vouchers, invoices or correspondence necessary for files
- 1099 maintenance
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Respond and communicate to team members and management team as to the status of invoice payments and check requests relating to their specific departments
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist with sales rep commission statements and payments
- Assist with month end and year end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects as needed
- 2+ years - Apparel industry experience preferred but not required
- College degree required, college courses in accounting preferred
- Must have strong work ethic
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Excel and Word, Full Circle ERP experience a plus
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately