Careers with johnnie-O
We're growing quickly here at johnnie-O and we're looking to bring some good people on board. See below for some key positions we're looking to bring on. Must have a willingness to work hard, get your hands dirty, and be a positive team player.
JOHNNIE-O WINGMAN/WOMAN: CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST
We believe that our brand is only as happy and healthy as its customers! Therefore the Customer Engagement Specialist plays a critical role in the success of the entire company. The perfect Customer Engagement Specialist is an advocate for our customer, striving to deliver superior service and to create a fantastic experience. We want someone who is ready to take on a variety of responsibilities while simultaneously executing at a high level. Success in this role has historically led to promotions to other roles within the organization.
Location: Los Angeles, California
Salary: TBD based on experience
Start Date: Immediately
We are looking for someone who will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent communication and people skills
- A flexible and versatile team player willing to go above and beyond when needed
- Sales friendly people person
- Strong attention to detail
- Has the ability to take initiative to solve problems that arise and recommend processes to improve the customer experience
- Candidate should have a BA/BS
- Preferred: Experience with ERP and backend systems, especially order entry, inventory reconciliation an returns processing
Roles and Responsibilities
- Primary role will be to be the johnnie-O Wingman/Wingwoman
- Serve as the front line, on-call resource for multi-channel customer base via phone, email and in-person
- Quickly and thoroughly solve problems for all customer transactions that do not go 100% as planned.
- Support the Operations/Marketing/Ecommerce/Sales teams on special projects
- Support johnnie-O events and other activities as needed
For more information and to apply to this position please email a resume and a brief paragraph about yourself and why you are excited to join johnnie-O to: [email protected]
Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for an Accounting Associate who is a high-energy, detail-oriented team player with a willingness to learn and work hard to support our accounting and finance team. Our priority is to find a driven individual who wants to be a part of a growing lifestyle apparel brand. This individual must be comfortable working collaboratively in a team environment, and have a passion for organization, consistency and accuracy.
Johnnie-O is a branded lifestyle apparel company, founded in Santa Monica, CA, that embodies living your best life. Its blend of Southern California lifestyle coupled with a hint of East Coast tradition and Midwest grit creates a truly distinct point of view within the lifestyle apparel industry.
The johnnie-O brand is both a personality and an experience that can be described as fun, fresh, tongue-in-cheek, accessible, active and family-oriented. johnnie-O has experienced tremendous growth in the past few years.
- Sales Order Review – review data and ensure all necessary details are listed on orders submitted by Sales. Communicate with Sales / Customer to obtain any pending order details
- Assist with daily invoicing -– time sensitive due to daily goals and review of daily bookings
- Assist with month end and year end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with accounts receivables process
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payment
- Makes daily collection calls
- Researches and applies cash receipts, coding and posting of receipts, and unallocated cash
- Performs all necessary customer account reconciliations
- Verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, operations, admin and customers
- Monitor sales order to be shipped in ERP for credit holds
- Request credit hold notifications to accounting manager
- Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts
- Notifying customers of insufficient payments
- Identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments
- Sends statements to and interacts with customers to resolve outstanding issues
- Assist with other projects as needed
- 2+ years - Apparel industry experience preferred but not required
- College degree required, college courses in accounting preferred
- Must have strong work ethic
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Excel and Word, Full Circle ERP experience a plus
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Sales/accounts receivable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and customers in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
Aside from a fun and unique working environment, johnnie-O offers a challenging career coupled with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
To apply for this exciting job opportunity, please send your resume, cover letter to - [email protected] with your resume.