Quality Control Manager
johnnie-O is a branded lifestyle apparel company, founded in 2005 in Santa Monica, CA, that embodies living your best life. Its blend of Southern California lifestyle coupled with a hint of East Coast tradition and Midwest grit creates a truly distinct point of view within the lifestyle apparel industry. johnnie-O is a unique lifestyle apparel brand providing classic, casual pieces for men and boys. The brand fills a niche in the apparel marketplace between the traditional East Coast “preppy” brands and West Coast “surf” brands. The johnnie-O brand is both a personality and an experience that can be described as fun, fresh, tongue-in-cheek, accessible, active and family-oriented.
johnnie-O I looking for an amazing Quality Control Manager to join our team Production team! Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, a team player, extremely detail-oriented and committed to ensuring that the customer receive high quality product. We’re also looking for someone who wants to grow, learn, and to strategize ways to make the production process smoother, and ultimately play a major role in the success of the company. This is an incredible opportunity to make a large impact for the right person.
- Schedule and review factory inspections on incoming POs, advise on corrections and follow up on open issues
- Collaborates on training strategies based on QC findings, supports in conducting trainings
- Ensure quality condition, packaging, coloring, tagging and fabrication of processed units
- Ensure consistency across PO’s for styles with multiple PO’s
- Manage factory audits and submissions as requested; this includes factory audits for licensing partners
- Coordinate between Production, Design, Tech Design and Operations to address and fix quality issues
- Manage 3PL and other re-work projects for damaged or incorrect items
- Order, track and inventory all supplies for projects
- Uphold and maintain company brand standards
- Monitor factory compliance to vendor manual and standards; update vendor manual as needed
- Manage chargebacks to factories for quality issues, lack of compliance to vendor manual
- Support embroidery process with overseeing any quality/packaging issues at various embroidery partners
- Help with additional projects as needed that help to support johnnie-O in providing our customers with the best quality experience
- Complete other duties as assigned
- BA/BS in related field and/or 2-3+ years of Quality Control experience in apparel
- Strong communication with factories and fellow employees
- Team player - ability to work well with others in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Prior Experience with Full Circle, Blue Cherry or similar ERP a plus
- 3PL experience a plus
Benefits & Compensation
- Salaried position plus bonus opportunities, paid time off, and paid holidays
- Health/Dental/Vision/FSA/Life Insurance benefit
- Employee discounts
Aside from a fun and unique working environment, johnnie-O offers a challenging career coupled with a competitive compensation and benefits package. We value our employee’s time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a generous time off policy including vacation, paid sick time, a retirement savings plan, bonus opportunities, and a generous employee discount. Casual dress policy, potential career growth and a family oriented working environment.
To apply for this exciting job opportunity, please send your resume to: Production@johnnie-o.com
We appreciate your interest in our company and look forward to hearing from you!